Why Would You WANT to Quit? : Think about the following points.
Nicotine and its side effects
Nicotine is an addictive drug that is found in tobacco products. By addiction we mean that nicotine causes a desire for continued use. Tobacco products also contain tar and other toxic chemicals in the smoke that can damage the linings of the mouth, throat, and lungs. One thought process behind quitting is to remove tobacco products and replace them with a nicotine supplement and gradually wean off of the nicotine over 6 to 8 weeks.
Immediate Nicotine Effects
- Increase in blood pressure and heart rate
- Thickening of the blood
- Narrowing of the arteries
- Decrease in skin temperature
- Increase in respiration
- Stimulation of the central nervous system
- Nausea and vomiting are often present.
- Delayed Nicotine Effects
- High blood pressure
- Blockage of blood vessels
- Depletion of vitamin C
- Reduction in immune system effectiveness
- Stomach ulcers
- Weight loss
- Dry skin
- Production of abnormal sperm.
In pregnant women, smoking can lead to
- Greater risk of premature detachment of the placenta
- Greater occurrence of miscarriage and stillbirth
- Impairment of mental and physical development of the baby
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome - and -
- Hyperactivity in children of women who smoked during their pregnancy.
Nicotine Withdrawal Symptoms
- Drop in pulse rate and blood pressure
- Disturbances in sleep
- Slower reaction
- Difficulty in concentration
Approximately 49 million Americans smoke ? approximately 25% of the population over 18 years of age. This is down from 42% of the population in 1965. More than 4 in 5 smokers say they want to quit. Each year approximately 1.5 million smokers quit successfully. Male smokers who quit between the ages of 35 and 39 add an average of 5 years to their life. Females in the same age group add 3 years if they quit. Men and women who quit at ages 65 to 69 increase their life expectancy by 1 year. With good smoking cessation programs, 20 to 40 percent of the participants are able to quit. For the sake of your health and family, please consider quitting. You ought to be able to enjoy your children and grandchildren for many more years.
(The information quoted above came from the American Heart Association)
Nicotine Lollipops 3.1 mg
Nicotine Lollipop, 3.1mg nicotine each as polacrilex, cherry flavor.
RX ONLY ITEM! Your doctor will be contacted after we receive your order to verify the prescription!
QUANTITY DISCOUNTS ARE AVAILABLE
Total votes: 1