My goal is to reduce the use of statin drugs by 20% by the year 2015.
This also includes reversing the trend in prescription drug use and I need your help to do it. I've been beating the drum about too many drugs for over a decade. Now it's your turn to step up and lend a hand.
Do you have a story about statin drugs to share?
- Have you had an experience with a statin - or another cholesterol lowering drug - that almost "did you in"?
- Did you take your cholesterol situation in hand and decide for yourself whether you'd take drugs?
- Did you tell your doctor what you wanted done and did the doctor listen?
- Did you ignore medical "advice" when you were given lab results?
- Did you decide to NOT have a prescription for a statin drug filled?
- Have you fought the modern medical establishment and won the battle for yourself or a loved one?
Tell the rest of us what happened. It is only in sharing our stories that we can connect with each other and move closer to the truth - to my goal/mission.....
Not everyone agrees that today's Americans take too many drugs, particularly statins. Perhaps your story will be the one to touch someone and move them to take action on their own behalf.
Maybe your story will save a life.
I'm gathering stories from people who took the reins of their own health care and I plan to assemble them into a book. Please share your stories. They can be short or long. Don't worry about typos, grammar, or spelling. I will have them edited and organized into specific chapters. Some readers may want to move from front cover to the back - and others will "graze" through the stories, picking the ones that best fit their concerns at the time.
I only ask for a minimum amount of personal information; first name (or a made up "pen name"), gender, and age. The identities of all contributors will remain anonymous.
Use to forward your story. If there isn't enough space, let me know on the form and I'll give you an email address you can use to send a longer story.
Please help change America.