What is it? Progesterone, USP is compounded into a cream base, which helps move the hormone through the skin and into the blood stream. We offer a preparation in a convenient 100ml pumper that delivers 20mg of Progesterone, USP per pump, which lasts approximately 70 pumps or doses.
Where should Transdermal Progesterone Cream be applied? For best results, we suggest applying to thin skin areas (areas where you blush). Apply to alternating thin skin areas such as inner arms, behind the knees, chest, breasts, neck, torso, upper back - you may even want to put it on wrinkles under the eye and around the mouth. It is important to rotate sites because of pooling of the hormone that prevents even absorption.
How is TPC used? It depends on your current hormonal and menstrual status.
- Women in their reproductive years - still ovulating. In this case, women would normally use TPC for PMS, painful cramping with periods, menstrual irregularities.
- Begin using TPC after you have ovulated - about 10 to 12 days after your period begins. Count the day the period begins as the first day.
- Apply one pump amount of TPC (20 mg. of Progesterone USP) every day from day 12 to day 26.
- Women who are perimenopausal. Women who are still menstruating with menopausal symptoms and/or PMS but not ovulating. Count the day the period begins as the first day.
- Day 1 to 6, do not use TPC.
- Day 7 to 27, apply one pump amount of TPC (20 mg) every day. If your period begins early, stop using TPC while you are bleeding. Count the first day of bleeding as day one of the cycle and begin the cycle again.
- Women who are post menopausal. Use a calendar day (e.g. the first day of the month) as day one.
- Days 1 to 12 apply one full pump daily. May temporarily use twice daily if experiencing severe symptoms, and then return to 1 pump days 1-12 to mimic Mother Nature's rhythm.
- Days 12 to 25, use one pump twice a day.
- Days 26 to 30 or 31? NONE.
Do I need a break from using the cream each month? Yes. For menstruating women it is common for the progesterone cream to be used from the 12th to the 26th day, counting the day the period starts as the first day. For non-menstruating or menopausal women, when using a calendar, stop after day 26 and start again on the first of the next month - again, mimicking Mother Nature’s rhythm.